All parents want their children to do well at school.
To make the most of school, children have to be there.
Please try to make sure:-
- Your child arrives between 8.40 and 8.50 each morning.
- Your child comes to school every day.
The school will:-
- Reward those children with good attendance and punctuality.
- Provide advice if you are having any difficulties.
- If your child needs to miss school because they are unwell, please make sure you ring the office before 9.30 am on their first day of absence.
- If your child needs to be off school for longer than 2 days, please inform the office straight away either by note or phone. Do not wait until they return.
- Please try to organise doctor and dentist appointments out of school hours. If this is not possible, they should still only miss part of the school day.
- Authorised absences are unavoidable absences due to circumstances such as illness and medical appointments.
- Unauthorised absences are avoidable absences due circumstances such as shopping trips, looking after children, day trips.
Holidays in Term Time
Parents are strongly encouraged to take family holidays during the school holidays. We feel that attendance at school is vital if your child is to be as successful as we would all like. No holidays will be authorised during term time. Any holidays taken will be recorded as unauthorised on a child’s attendance register. Any requests for absence due to special circumstances on medical, religious or compassionate nature should be made in writing to the Headteacher.
If you need further information regarding attendance please look at our attendance policy or is available from the school office.