What is the Friends of School? The FOS is open to all parents and carers of children at Staple Hill Primary School. Our children need all the extra support and help they can get during their time at school. This support should come from their most important and unique asset – you, their parents and carers.
The aims of the Friends are to:
- Make new friends and have fun while helping their child and the school
- Get to know each other and share common concerns
- Raise money to buy ‘extras’ for all the children at the school
- Receive a richer education
- Reach enthusiastic volunteers who may help with school projects
The aims of the Friends of School do not include:
- Committing parents and carers to hours and hours of their time; volunteers can do as much or as little as they want
- Being a clique; we aim to be ‘inclusive’, not ‘exclusive’; the more parents who are involved, the less cliquey things are
Fund-raising events have included: Spring and Autumn Fairs, Santa’s Grotto, Cake Sales, BBQ and charity events.
In the past, these fund-raising events have enabled the FOS to buy: musical instruments, playground equipment (including a donation towards the climbing apparatus) and leaving dictionaries for Year 6 pupils.
Firm friendships have been forged by being part of the FOS; we urge all parents and carers to come to a meeting and find out for themselves.